[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  Dan DeRemer <dderemer at atnetplus dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.3.b11 lockups
 Date:  Wed, 21 May 2008 13:05:36 -0400
Dan DeRemer wrote:
> This is sort of unrelated but should be considered when dealing with ALIX -- most ALIX boards I've
purchased came with BIOS version 0.98. The latest revision is 0.99 and resolves some PCI bus and
serial port issues. I know for a fact that the 1.2 releases of pfSense do not work on ALIX boards
until you upgrade to 0.99. You can find the BIOS releases for the ALIX2/ALIX3 here:
http://pcengines.ch/alix2.htm

Dan, thanks for the info.  While the site I was having some of the
reboot issues with is currently on a WRAP several of my clients are now
on ALIX boards including the firewall in front of me in my office. :)

I updated mine via the serial cable and the update was painless and
fast. I am going to keep a copy of this update with me and update my
clients where necessary as well as update any new ALIX boards I receive
before deployment.

Thanks again.

--
Bill Arlofski