[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] deny certain mac address from getting an ip?
 Date:  Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:42:26 +0200
On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Christopher M. Iarocci <
iarocci at eastendsc dot com> wrote:

>>  I hate to state the obvious, but if you're willing to not give him an IP
> address, why not just block ALL packets from him, or even better, disconnect
> his Ethernet cable, or both?

Blocking all packets is no problem,  Disconnecting the ethernet cable was a
bit difficult coz the system is 70 km away.
Anyway, I drove there today and  noticed a failing nic on that system too.
So I guess this was part of the problem too.
Changed the nic, blocked all packets from the virusman and running great so
far now ;-)

this mail, you'll never know!)

Kind regards,
Y.