[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Daniele Guazzoni <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] deny certain mac address from getting an ip?
 Date:  Tue, 17 Jun 2008 00:11:22 +0200
So you don't want to keep a list of your known clients, ok.
Wouldn't be simpler to define a range within your subnet for "blacklist" (drop any to/from) and
assign assign one of those IP to the MAC you want to blackout ?

PS: m0n0wall is cutting-edge but it still not work with AI (Artificial Intelligence) and will
therefore not understand your XML word games...

Daniele

YvesDM wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
>
> Ok, I tried this.
> It didn't blow up dhcp, that's the good news :-)
> I started with adding a bogus ip (valid ip, though from a total different
> subnet) as static mapping to my mac address in the config.xml and uploaded
> it again.
> Result: m0n0wall assigned the client simply an ip from inside its dhcp range
> and ignores the static mapping.
>
> Then I tried to do the same with the ip 127.0.0.1 in the static mapping
> config.
> Result: same as above.
>
> Then I checked "Deny unknown clients" in the dhcp server config.
> This writes an entry in the xml named <denyunknown/>
> I tried to change it in the config to <denyknown/> (you never know :-) but
> this also didn't prevent my laptop from getting an ip out of the dhcp range.
>
> So basicly, I could not prevent the client from getting an ip.
> If anyone knows a way to do this it would be nice to know.
>
> Kind regards,
> Y.

dangerous content by MailGate, and is
believed to be clean.