[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Kernel Panic on Boot... Help?
 Date:  Wed, 21 May 2008 18:43:04 -0500 (CDT)
Hello! I recently acquired a Neoware Eon 6000 thin client. It is simply a 300mhz fanless geode
embedded unit with an onboard nic, one pci slot, 128mb sodimm, and flash based 256mb storage. I've
added a dual port Compaq Netelligent NIC in the PCI slot. I've loaded monowall 1.3b11 (which I'm
using quite successfully in numerous environments). However, I am unable to get the unit to boot.
After a few of the pci devices are detected, I'm getting this error:

$PIR: ROUTE_INTERRUPT failed.

fault virtual address	= 0x10
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x20:0xc06d1a64
stack pointer		= 0x28:0xc1c20a48
frame pointer		= 0x28:0xc1c20a48
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 0 (swapper)
trap number		= 12
panic: page fault
Uptime: 1s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort

If I remove the dual port nic, the unit boots again. I've tried enabling/disabling PnP in the BIOS,
as well as clearing the settings, etc. Has anyone out there successfully used one of these Neoware
Eon units with monowall and an addon nic? Are there any pointers(no pun intended regarding the stack
trace above... :-D ) you can give me regarding getting this card to work? I'm using this same card
in an old Dell GX200 box and it works like a charm...

Thank you!!!

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.