[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] deny certain mac address from getting an ip?
 Date:  Tue, 17 Jun 2008 06:48:26 +0200
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Daniele Guazzoni
<daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch> wrote:

> So you don't want to keep a list of your known clients, ok.
> Wouldn't be simpler to define a range within your subnet for "blacklist"
> (drop any to/from) and assign assign one of those IP to the MAC you want to
> blackout ?

Because I did not want to block on firewall level, I wanted to deny this
client from getting an ip.

> PS: m0n0wall is cutting-edge but it still not work with AI (Artificial
> Intelligence) and will therefore not understand your XML word games...

I'm smart enough to understand that the <denyknown/> only would work if it
was already implemented.
But as you said, m0n0wall is cutting edge and there are more hidden options
which can be set in the xml file, so I just gave it a try.

Kind regards;
Y.