[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  multiple WLAN possible ?
 Date:  Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:55:24 +0200
Hi,

I wanted to know if it was possible to add a second WLAN card onto a
monowall box.
Currently I am using a dreadful Linksys WRV-200 as an access point, but
only seems to fail every 30 minutes (complete black-out, have to pull
the plug)...

Currently I am connected via an USB wifi adaptor hooked into the
monowall, which is not configured for any encryption... (no wep/wpa),
but access is granted through captive portal... this leaves my
connection a bit unsafe, but at least I have internet :)
I use this USB Wifi for people bringing in their laptop to check what's
going on (that way I don't have to enter my SSID, nor passphrases)...
and since my monowall only has USB 1.1 connections... I can travel the
internet on around 2 mbits...

But what I now want to try, is to add an internal PCI Wifi card (extra),
which _does_ have a form of encryption, that way I can do WRV-200
disassemble, burn, through away... melt it in acidsulfuride... anything
else but using it in my (W)LAN... (they should of named this device NLAN
- NoLAN)

If this isn't possible... then I go out tomorrow, and buy myself a DLINK
DEP-1353 (a true access point)...   (ps. I know 802.11n isn't supported
in monowall, I am not really looking for a N solution... but if monowall
isn't able to handle multiple WLAN cards, I might as well buy an
external N solution, like this DLINK access point)... I truly have had
it with this Linksys device !

Michel