[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Kernel Panic on Boot... Help?
 Date:  Wed, 21 May 2008 18:52:34 -0500
Tim Nelson wrote:
> Hello! I recently acquired a Neoware Eon 6000 thin client. It is simply a 300mhz fanless geode
embedded unit with an onboard nic, one pci slot, 128mb sodimm, and flash based 256mb storage. I've
added a dual port Compaq Netelligent NIC in the PCI slot. I've loaded monowall 1.3b11 (which I'm
using quite successfully in numerous environments). However, I am unable to get the unit to boot.
After a few of the pci devices are detected, I'm getting this error:

> If I remove the dual port nic, the unit boots again. I've tried enabling/disabling PnP in the
BIOS, as well as clearing the settings, etc. Has anyone out there successfully used one of these
Neoware Eon units with monowall and an addon nic? Are there any pointers(no pun intended regarding
the stack trace above... :-D ) you can give me regarding getting this card to work? I'm using this
same card in an old Dell GX200 box and it works like a charm...

I am using a neoware box right now, but it has a single port nic.
Something about not having the voltage most 2 port nics require.  Try a
single and I bet it works.