[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Meireles | InforChannel, Lda" <dmeireles at inforchannel dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] deny certain mac address from getting an ip?
 Date:  Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:54:24 +0100
Yep, I know, totally understand your case. Well, there is one other
solution, but that way, your clients would be restricted to http and
https... The DHCP server could send a network mask that would only allow the
client pc to access a certain IP on the network, being that a proxy, but for
this to work, the proxy couldn't be in transparent mode, due to the netmask
sent to the costumer... You could always put some flyer in every room with
images, explaining how to setup the browser to use a proxy, but don't know
if that would work good with certain type of costumers...