[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "David Meireles | InforChannel, Lda" <dmeireles at inforchannel dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NetBIOS broadcast forwarding
 Date:  Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:42:58 +0100
Sorry, didn't noticed your first point about being appliances... Well, besides the broadcast, one
other way to resolve names in NetBIOS was using it's "dns" service, the WINS. I supose that those
appliances, if they support NetBIOS, must have a place to enter a WINS server, and for now, I think
that using a wins server is the only way to solve your problem... Even if you could forward the
netbios broadcasts, I don't think it would work, since that system was made for name resolution (or
in practical terms, discovery) on the same subnet, and you want to make the discover in diferent