[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  SIP issues with 20 DTA units outbound to registrar...
 Date:  Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:09:03 -0500 (CDT)
Hello fellow m0n0wallers! I'm experiencing a problem when trying to use 20 SIP DTA devices behind a
Soekris unit running m0n0 1.21. It appears that only two units will register at a time while the
other 18 will not. I've temporarily added "ALLOW ALL PROTOCOLS FROM ANYWHERE TO ANYWHERE" rules to
both my WAN and my internal LAN interfaces but with no effect. If I replace the Soekris unit with an
off the shelf Linksys router (freshly reset, only configuration is static WAN IP), all 20 DTA units
register with no problems and can call out but will not receive calls inbound.

I have a feeling this is a NAT issue with both routers but what amazes me is the fact that a Linksys
unit will work "better" whereas a m0n0 unit will not... Can anyone shed some light on the issues I'm
experiencing? Should I be looking at the newer beta versions of m0n0 that have a SIP proxy
available?

Thank you!

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support