[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VLANs not really working ?
 Date:  Fri, 04 Jul 2008 01:02:31 +0200
I haven't figured it out yet, but I guess that when I tell you guys I am
using for both LAN & LAN2 a Realtek 8169 card, you'll tell me to toss
out those cards...
They always worked fine, even now, but they just might not be good
enough for VLAN tagging, right ?

I browsed a bit further on some forums, and found on the pfSense one, a
guy who switched to Intel NICs (after trying the Realtek8169) suddenly
has a working VLAN setup... so possibly I'm facing the same thing
here... it's odd though, that it does work somehow, but not
completely... I'd reccon that such a setup would either work, or
completely not work...

kind regards,
Michel