[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPv6 6to4 configuration
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:53:42 +0200
On Jul 10, 2008, at 1:10 PM, Daniele Guazzoni wrote:

> Am I missing something ?
>
> Where do I enter the IPv4 endpoint to build a 6to4 tunnel ?

You don't - it always uses the 6to4 relay anycast address
(192.88.99.1, RFC 3068), which will typically cause your outbound IPv6
traffic to be routed via SWITCH from the networks of Swiss ISPs.

> Up to now I've got a HE.net 6to4 on a Cisco router:
>
> !
> interface tunnel0
> description HE.net IPv6 Tunnel
> no ip address
> ipv6 enable
> ipv6 address 2001:465:1c34:a6::2/64
> tunnel source 233.174.126.228
> tunnel destination 216.66.84.46
> tunnel mode ipv6ip

This is not really a 6to4 tunnel, but a normal point-to-point tunnel
(6to4 uses the prefix 2002::/32). Support for this may be added to
m0n0wall if 6to4 proves to cause too many problems for end users;
however 6to4 is much easier to use because you don't have to register
with a tunnel broker.

Regards,

Manuel