[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VLANs not really working ?
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:35:54 +0200
I have installed an Intel PRO/1000GT for my LAN, added a new VLAN (21),
and created an Captive Portal...
But still I cannot access any other site than google, and some others...
I can ping almost every server on the internet, but I cannot browse
their respective website !

Here is my setup in short

monowall with three NICs

WAN (xl0) : 3c905 PCI
LAN1 (em0) : Intel PRO/1000GT - my network
LAN2 (rl0) : Realtek 8139 - neighbours network

On my LAN1, I have a DLINK AP (DAP 1535, with 8 SSIDs and VLAN capability)
On my LAN2, I have a DLINK router (DI-804VUP, but I hooked up a lan port
onto the monowall, disabled DHCP on the router)

On the DAP1535 I created a VLAN 21 for SSID "access.guest", and the
first default SSID "private.wpa" a VLAN 1 is assigned (this is default
behaviour, and would be the same as a normal LAN)

If I connect to the "private.wpa", I get an address of my DHCP serving
on LAN1
If I connect to the "guest.access", I get an address of my DHCP on VLAN 21

I can browse the internet freely when connecting to "private.wpa", and
when connecting through "guest.access", I am being presented the captive
portal (which is normal, I can enter my credentials, and of I go...) -
but I can access only a small amount of websites...

It actually behaves the same way, as when I was connected to the Realtek
card...