[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VLANs not really working ?
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jul 2008 20:39:32 +0200
I just found a posting on making a backup of the config.xml, adding
<mtu>1436</mtu> in between... but when going to the status window, my
three LAN cards are being given an MTU of 1500.
When loading this modified config.xml, the monowall reboots, loading
it's new settings... but somehow it doesn't accept them...

In status I still have 1500, and when downloading the config again, the
<mtu>1436</mtu> is still there... so it didn't clean out that parameter,
and I'm sure the config.xml is correctly uploaded to my system...

I also read another post about default MTU values and having PPTP or
VLAN on your system can give you troubles (that post even has the same
issue, he can reach google, and some others... but not enough to say we
have a working configuration :-) )

Anyway, I love monowall and all the possibilities I have... this is by
far, much more than any commercial product...

Note, that this isn't very important to me, my solution still runs on a
dual lan setup... but I just want to disable my second access point, to
make everything run through VLANs... that way I can reduce the wifi
signals around the house :D