[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VLANs not really working ? -solved!
 Date:  Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:48:06 +0200
I think I solved my issue here... since VLAN tagging is 4 bytes more
than normal Ethernet (I've been digging), I gathered that having a
larger MTU at VLAN level could have some troubles at the LAN being 1500.
So I lowered the MTU value of all my VLAN's to 1496, and kept LAN/WAN at
1500 - and voila, my troubles went away !!  (didn't even have to reboot
anything - nor the monowall, nor my laptop, it just started working after :

ifconfig vlan0 mtu 1496
ifconfig vlan1 mtu 1496

I can now access the internet without any troubles on each VLAN.