[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VLANs not really working ?
 Date:  Thu, 03 Jul 2008 22:44:16 +0200
Hi,

I was using my monowall with 2 LAN cards before, added two access points
to each LAN, and me and my neighbour were separate users.
I have setup a pipe for 3mbit traffic onto the LAN card of my neighbour.
Now, today I am trying to add an Access Point capable of doing VLAN, and
have added another SSID onto one of the VLAN's.

So my setup being in the DLINK

SSID : WPA on VLAN 1 (being a generic VLAN)
SSID : WEP on VLAN 8 (being a VLAN with a DHCP 172.18.0.0)

On monowall I have

LAN with DHCP 172.16.0.0 (ip : 172.16.0.253)
VLAN8 with DHCP 172.18.0.0 (ip : 172.18.0.253)

I altered the pipe that now my VLAN8 is limited in traffic (3 mbits),
but each and every time I change from my WLAN (wpa) to my neighbours (to
testrun my setup), WEP, I cannot access the internet (now strangely
enough) completely ???
I can access google, I can send/receive mails, but as soon as I try to
connect to a site to test my speed (or any other site) it won't connect...

When I do an ipconfig on my computer, I do get the right ip address of
the corresponding DHCP range... so the VLAN is working, but somewhere
the routing is messed up (i think)

I can ping however every site (they do resolve, and some of them reply -
the ones that won't reply, don't reply either on my wlan)...

What might I be doing wrong here ??