[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  bandwidth limitation without using it as router
 Date:  Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:01:53 +0200
Hi,

I am in discussion with a customer, who is using a DSL line to connect a
VPN/RDP session.
I want to emulate a DSL line at the office, and in such, using monowall
(or pfSense) between a testserver and workstations.

But, I don't want it to be a router, for comprehending better... I just
want to be able to put the monowall in between, so it'll limit the speed...

I just want to be able to limit the flow on a network cable (without
using third-party software like netlimiter)...
That way I can be sure, that nothing passes any faster than 4mbit down
or 384kbit up.

Kind regards,
Michel