[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall dash announce at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b13 released
 Date:  Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:19:47 -0400
Manuel Kasper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> m0n0wall beta version 1.3b13 has just been released with the following
> changes/fixes:
 >
> ...snip...
 >
> - for wrap image, show whether we're running on a WRAP or ALIX board
>   on the system status page

Manuel, today was the first chance I had to update two older WRAP boards
running m0n0wall v1.22 to the current 1.3b13

I noticed that on ONE of them, the platform on the Status --> System page is
incorrectly reported as:  wrap (ALIX board)

I have checked my billing records and I don't see nor can I recall selling
them a replacement in the past 6 months or so since the ALIX boards have
become available.

Is there any chance that m0n0wall is mis-detecting or misreporting this, or is
more probable that I replaced their WRAP with an ALIX after a semi-recent
thunderstorm and just don't remember?   :)

Don't spend too much time on this, I can open the case and visually inspect it
at my next visit, or have one of their on-site support people do it...

Is there a a command I can enter in exec.php that will dump the hardware info
that the Status --> System page uses to report the platform?

a diff of the dmesg output from both shows me that the only difference between
the two beside the MAC addresses is the line just after the line:

Geode GPIO@ = f400

On the one reporting as a WRAP, the next line is:
Geode PC Engines WRAP.1C v1.0 tintinyBIOS V1.4a (C)1997-2003

And on the one reporting as an ALIX the next line is:
Geode tinyBIOS V1.4a (C)1997-2003

Thanks!

--
Bill Arlofski