[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature request: UPnP
 Date:  Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:24:40 +0200
Some time ago, someone else asked this question before...
Back then the answer was no... UPNP is a possible security issue, when
misused by one of your local applications... and when using monowall,
you know what you are doing, in so - you'd have to open ports yourself -
which I greatly appreciate.

At the office, we disable every (commercial) router/firewall their UPNP
option, that gets installed by customers... we simply don't like
automatic opening of ports...

If you really want upnp, you should consider pfsense (although I don't
use it, I see the option in my status list - which obviously tells me
that it is disabled - I guess there is somewhere in the GUI an option to
enable it in pfSense).