[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Nick Shore <nick dot shore at multithread dot co dot uk>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] generic-pc vs. wrap images?
 Date:  Thu, 17 Jul 2008 18:05:33 +0100
Manuel Kasper wrote:
  > The kernel in the wrap images has fewer options/drivers in it (things
> that aren't needed on WRAP/ALIX) and is thus smaller.  Also, the wrap
> image has some extra features (making the on-board button behave as a
> configuration reset button when pressed during boot; code to change sisX
> interface names to vrX if needed). I've been thinking about merging all
> the different images into one - which would sacrifice about 2.5 MB of
> RAM on the embedded platforms though.

Would it be possible for you to add a config option on the generic PC
one to enable the console via the serial port ?? or switch between vga
and serial ?

Sometimes we end up using generic PC hardware but don't want to use a
monitor and keyboard for the console menu.

Also is there a way you could offer the option for access to DSL routers
in PPPOE mode as on the wiki:

http://wiki.m0n0.ch/wikka.php?wakka=AccessingModemOutsideFirewall

save having to hack the xml file ;-)

Nick.