[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Nick Shore <nick dot shore at multithread dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] generic-pc vs. wrap images?
 Date:  Sun, 20 Jul 2008 20:05:32 +0200
On 17.07.2008, at 19:05, Nick Shore wrote:

> Would it be possible for you to add a config option on the generic
> PC one to enable the console via the serial port ?? or switch
> between vga and serial ?

It's difficult to put this in the config, as it has to be known at a
very early stage during boot, but I'll consider making two generic-pc
images; one with serial console, and one with VGA. It's a shame that
the boot loader's keyboard presence detection doesn't work properly
for some USB keyboards/BIOSes, otherwise it could be all automatic.

- Manuel