[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkIT dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Feature request: UPnP
 Date:  Mon, 21 Jul 2008 06:29:22 +1000
NO.  NO.  NO.

UPnP is a massive security vulnerability waiting to be exploited.  What
use is a firewall where ANY unauthenticated application can open a port
and forward it?

Anyone who enables UPnP has no conception of security.

--

http://hiltont.blogspot.com/

Regards,

Hilton Travis                       Phone: +61 (0)7 3105 9101
(Brisbane, Australia)               Phone: +61 (0)419 792 394
Manager, Quark IT                   http://www.quarkit.com.au
         Quark Group                http://www.quarkgroup.com.au

                    Quark Group Pty. Ltd.
      T/A Quark Automation, Quark AudioVisual, Quark IT