[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Graham Allan <allan at physics dot umn dot edu>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  Nick Shore <nick dot shore at multithread dot co dot uk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] generic-pc vs. wrap images?
 Date:  Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:09:15 -0500
On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 08:05:32PM +0200, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> On 17.07.2008, at 19:05, Nick Shore wrote:
>
> >Would it be possible for you to add a config option on the generic
> >PC one to enable the console via the serial port ?? or switch
> >between vga and serial ?
>
> It's difficult to put this in the config, as it has to be known at a
> very early stage during boot, but I'll consider making two generic-pc
> images; one with serial console, and one with VGA. It's a shame that
> the boot loader's keyboard presence detection doesn't work properly
> for some USB keyboards/BIOSes, otherwise it could be all automatic.

It seems like it *might* be possible to have both work simultaneously by
putting this in loader.conf:

boot_multicons="YES"
boot_serial="YES"
console="comconsole,vidconsole"

I believe had this working when trying to debug a freebsd box over
serial console; I could never successfully change the speed from 9600
baud though.

Graham