[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] redirect subdomain to a computer in the LAN
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:54:41 -0400
What you want is to properly setup virtual domains under linux or use
hostnames under IIS. It's not the firewalls job to distinguish what site to

outside, site1.domain.com is port forwarded to server:80, Apache or IIS do
the sorting from there. For you to resolve the site1.domain.com and
site2.domain.com addresses from inside the firewall, you need to setup those
sites in the DNS Forwarder page in m0n0wall. All those sites will point to
the "Internal" IP of the server. I've got both linux and windows servers
setup in my dmz, it all works nicely.

Dave