[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Henning Andreseck <AndreseckH at gymszbad dot de>
 To:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] redirect subdomain to a computer in the LAN
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:04:47 +0200
ok i thought like this

firewall -> server 1 -> server 2/3/pc 1/2/3/...
the server manages that the right subdomain calls the right server. eg
srv1.andreseck.de show server 2 but it is called by server 1. did i
understand this right? so where can i say the iis that srv2.andreseck.de
is the server with the ip 192.168.16.10...

David Kitchens schrieb:
>  What you want is to properly setup virtual domains under linux or use
> hostnames under IIS. It's not the firewalls job to distinguish what site to

> outside, site1.domain.com is port forwarded to server:80, Apache or IIS do
> the sorting from there. For you to resolve the site1.domain.com and
> site2.domain.com addresses from inside the firewall, you need to setup those
> sites in the DNS Forwarder page in m0n0wall. All those sites will point to
> the "Internal" IP of the server. I've got both linux and windows servers
> setup in my dmz, it all works nicely.
>
> Dave

Henning Andreseck
Hirtenweg 115