[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Nick Shore <nick dot shore at multithread dot co dot uk>
 To:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 Cc:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] redirect subdomain to a computer in the LAN
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:48:33 +0100
Michel Servaes wrote:
> If I recall correctly, this question has been asked before and was
> answered that monowall does not interpret hostnames, but ip addresses.
> It had something to do with being a certain layer, that monowall does
> not address... in fact, I don't know of a router/firewall being capable
> in doing what you want...

What you need is for m0n0wall to incorporate a reverse proxy, which can
redirect requests to the right server.

Something like pound:
http://www.apsis.ch/pound/index_html

Of course the alternative to doing it in m0n0wall is to do it on one of
your servers, and for it to then proxy to the others.

Nick.