[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robbie Garrett" <rgarrett at hostourweb dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  used by another ip?
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:16:12 -0400
Hey all.

I'm currently using the mono wall vmware appliance build to act as a gateway that was routed to me
by the data center.

It would appear that every time I try and bring a host online behind mono wall it gives the error
that there is a IP conflict. Regardless of the IP that I choose it says this.  When I try and ping
the IP address that I'm using, mono wall replies saying time to live exceeded.

When I shut down mono wall, I can bind the IP address successfully

Any idea what is going on here?