[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mark Rinaudo" <mark at preferreddatasolutions dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SMB over IPSEC...
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:45:45 -0500
Tim,

I had a similar issue a couple of years ago with an ipsec tunnel between my
m0n0wall and a netgear router.  The tunnel would come and I could browse a
windows 2003 server's folders but dealing at the file level was slow and
writing files was impossible.  Finally tracked it down to the MTU size of
packets being sent from the windows machines.  Try adjusting the MTU size of
your packets and see if that helps.

Mark
Preferred Data Solutions
318-550-3381