[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  feature request/ease of use enhancement
 Date:  Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:26:05 -0400
Manuel, I just had a thought - It is actually the same thought that occurs to
me just about every time I add or edit a rule and am returned to the rule page
after saving the rule - especially if there are lot of rules.

Would it be possible to do one of the following things after saving a rule:

1. Immediately jump to the new rule in the Firewall Rules page
    (via an HTTP # anchor tag)

or

2. Highlight the last rule edited 'yellow' or something obvious and then
optionally jump to it via an http # anchor tag.

This would help for quick location and verification of the new or modified
rule before applying the new rule set.

I also thought that if something like this were implemented, the "Apply
changes" button might need to be brought down near the modified rule too - so
that one would not have to scroll all the way to the top to apply the new rules.

Just a couple ideas.  Do with them as you please. :)

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC