[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rene Moser <mail at renemoser dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] help me!!
 Date:  Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:23:42 +0200
hi

Mohammed wrote:
>> Another solution might be, if you would set your modem/router in bridge
>> mode and let mono does the PPPoe
>>
> Is that mean that the ADSL router/modem will communicate with VCI VPI Values
> with no IP Addresses? And m0n0wall WAN interface will be assigned the Public
> IP address from the ISP?
right, m0n0 uses the external IP from ISP on WAN.

> In another way, the Eth0 interface in my router/modem, which ip will be
> assigned to it?
a local area IP, i have a 192.168.123.0/24 networt, so my modem have
usually 192.168.123.2.

But you won't have access to that router in normal usage, because it is
outside your wan port. In bridge mode, everything that comes from dsl
port goes directly to the ethernet port. the router is invisible...

If you need access to it, you plug it into your LAN switch and or you
use a crosswired patch cable directly connected to your PC and browse to
192.168.123.2.

of course you can also use a serial cable to access to the modem...

what is important: PPPoE must be configured on m0n0! the modem is not
able to do this in bridge mode.

hope that helps

rm