[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Klaus Stock" <ks at stock dash consulting dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] to list admin: reply address
 Date:  Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:58:43 +0200
Hi rene,

> Could you please set up the reply address to m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch and
> not the poster's one?
>
> This would really help and i think i am not the only one always replying
> directly to the poster instead to the list. :)

the list's reply address is set correctly in "List-Post" header field. This
conforms to the known standards. Here's the relevant part of the headers as
my e-mail software receives them:

Just great! Your e-mail program should underrstand these header and supply
you automagically with corresponding buttons/links/whatever to:
- reply to sender
- reply to list
- reply to all
- unsubscribe from the list
as an absolute minimum. It still remains your task to choose the right
button, depending on if you wish to engange in private or open
communication, or to drop from the list completely.

If your mail program disregards these standard headers, you might consider
to change the software, or complain towards the software's author.

I don't believe that it would be helpful to violate the known standards (and
to break the behaviour of programs which obey these standards).

Best regards, Klaus
This mail sent using V-webmail - http://www.v-webmail.orgg