[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  Jeroen Mulder <jaj dot mulder at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] setting up hotspot
 Date:  Mon, 04 Aug 2008 17:29:52 -0400

LAN-----AP

> I have read the mailing list before and I have seen suggestions of connecting m0n0wall directly to
the modem.
> I don't want this. I don't want to change existing infra structure. I only want to add monowall
and an AP

> I tried all kind of stuff
> Swapping WAN and LAN, different subnets for LAN connected to AP. Nothing seems to work
> When I look at the interface part of monowall I see no IP address assigned on one side . I thought
my snb6500 router would distribute an IP to the monowall but it doesn't ?? (yes dhcp is on in
router) I do get an address from mono when connecting to the AP (called hotspot)

> What am I missing. Is it that hard to set up a hotspot ??
>
> Or am I really doing stupid things here ?
>
> regards,
>
> J Mulder
>
> Ps running version 1.233 livecd

Just a guess, but since you're using Private IPs on both sides of m0n0,
you need to make sure you enable them in the interface.  Also, make sure
you aren't using the same subnet for the WAN and LAN sides of m0n0.

--
  Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
  for they are subtle and quick to anger.