[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] tftp server for small files
 Date:  Mon, 4 Aug 2008 21:35:26 -0400
On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be> wrote:

> | I agree, but since monowall has so much features (and I am kind of keen
> using monowall at home), I just liked to have such a feature (not tomorrow,
> not next month - just wanted to know if adding a tftp service would cause
> much hassle or not - can I add tftp-server myself on monowall using exec.php
> ??)

You can modify the image and add it yourself. Need a stock FreeBSD box
(or VM) and workon.sh.
http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:zB9BBSPgt9gJ:chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/downloads/workon.sh+workon.sh&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Just need to add the appropriate binary for the TFTP server you want
to use, and make sure all its dependencies are in the image as well.
Run ldd on the binary and make sure the listed dependencies are in the
image.

# ldd /usr/bin/tftp
/usr/bin/tftp:
        libedit.so.6 => /lib/libedit.so.6 (0x28080000)
        libncurses.so.7 => /lib/libncurses.so.7 (0x28095000)
        libc.so.7 => /lib/libc.so.7 (0x280d8000)

Then you can set it to run at startup by adding a <shellcmd> tag to
your config (see FAQ on hidden config.xml options).

You can also add the Thinstation file to the image in the directory
you specify for tftproot.

Thinstation is nice, I've used it quite a bit in the past.

-Chris