[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robbie Garrett" <rgarrett at hostourweb dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] transparent firewall w/ router
 Date:  Tue, 5 Aug 2008 09:06:44 -0400
I have this working and after I figured it out it was not hard at all.

two network cards...

1) attached directly to a physical server nic (wan nic)
2) attached to a host only network. (lan nic)

all your virtual machines that you want to have public network ip address
will go on the host only network.

make sure your lan ip address is one of the public ip address.

I setup the firewall to pass all traffic..  but I'm sure most of you could
setup some rules here.

I turned on advanced routing and after I setup the public and lan ip address
I was able to route just fine.