[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rhys Frederick" <rhys dot frederick at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Blocking high numbered source ports
 Date:  Fri, 8 Aug 2008 09:56:09 +1000
Hi,

I'm using a Soekris 5501 with m0n0wall and have a rule set up to pass
traffic between 2 interfaces. The rule is set to allow traffic from
any source IP and source port on one interface to specified ip/ports
on the other interface. I've noticed, however, that certain packets
still get blocked. From the logs, the only thing I can see about these
is that they tend to have source ports > 52,000. Is there anything
further that can be done to debug why they are being blocked?

cheers,

rhys