[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rhys Frederick" <rhys dot frederick at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Blocking high numbered source ports
 Date:  Fri, 8 Aug 2008 12:10:39 +1000
Most certainly possible, however the two subnets here are 100Mbit
local area networks - I'd hope that latency should not be all that
common. That said, however, at the time the packets get dropped I've
noticed that at least one of the subnets gets very slow, even to the
point that connecting to the firewall login page from the subnet can
time out (normally seems to happen when there is large files being
transferred over SMB). Can m0n0 provide details on retransmitted
packets etc, or do i need to stick probes into each subnet?

cheers,

rhys