[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Stoffel" <john at stoffel dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Two SSIDs in a single AP with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 8 Aug 2008 10:00:14 -0400
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if what I want to do is actually possible.  I've got
m0n0wall running on a WRAP board.  I've got my WAN side, LAN side and
Wireless ports setup.

I'd like to setup my AP (on the Wireless port) to have two SSIDs, one
for public access which is locked down, and the other with WPA enabled
so I can share more of my LAN resources to laptops around the house.

I've got a WRT54G which I think I could put dd-wrt or openwrt on to
semi support this, but I assume I'd need help from m0n0wall to break
the address range of each SSID into it's own network block and
route/firewall them differently.

Ideally I'd like not to buy more hardware, if only because it would
mean running more wires, though I guess I could put a switch on my
TiVo's cable and run the WPA(2) AP on that subnet.

Is what I want possible?

Thanks,
John