[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DHCP "next-server", TFTP, and Polycom phones...
 Date:  Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:58:05 -0500 (CDT)
Hello all-  I'm having a slight issue trying to get some Polycom phones to pull their configuration
files from a TFTP server. I've specified the IP of the TFTP server in the DHCP server's next-server
field and yet it does not work. On my linux machines, the full dhcp option 66 string is
tftp://ip.ad.dr.es whereas the monowall interface only allows me to enter ip.ad.dr.es without the
protocol assignment. Is anyone using a monowall box to netboot their Polycom phones for firmware and
configs? How do you have it set up? Do you have anything in the filename field for the dhcp server?
All suggestions greatly appreciated!

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.