[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tom Wiebe" <tom dot wiebe at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Email getting sent from Wrong IP
 Date:  Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:59:47 -0700
Hi there,
I've got a m0n0wall setup, 1.234, with multiple public IP's using Server
NAT. Everything's working great except I've noticed that when our email
server sends a message uninitiated, it gets sent out from the interface
address, instead of the IP of the mailserver (which is defined in Server NAT
and used in the incoming NAT and Firewall rules).

I remember having this issue years and years ago but, can't recall the
solution, although I'm pretty sure it was dead simple.

So, how do I make outgoing connections go out from the IP I desire, as
opposed to the default IP on the m0n0wall?

Thanks,

Tom Wiebe