[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall + Captive portal + 20 AP's setup question
 Date:  Fri, 15 Aug 2008 20:27:22 +0200
Hi,

First of all excuse me for this off topic post, but I know this list is as
one full of people with lots of knowledge and experience in setting up
(wireless) networks.
So, to me it looked like the best place to fire my question.

Here we go,

We need to provide wireless acces in a residence with approx. 150 rooms.
It's devided over 5 floors and we already provided utp cabling to 4 acces
points per floor. (so a total of 20 acces points)
All acces points are connected to a switch, which is also connected to a
m0n0wall box.
The m0n0wall does dhcp and runs the captive portal.

Now the question.
Should i only use the non-overlapping channels (1-6-11) and use slightly
different ssid's on all AP's?
Or should i use more then those 3 channels? (and also different ssid's)
Or should I use only one channel and the same SSID on all AP's? (m0n0wall is
the gateway for all of them anyway...)

I hope someone can give me some good advice on this.

Many thanks,
Y.