the bad news first: this isn't going to be the last beta release
before 1.3. The good news: among many small bug fixes and
improvements, the following changes have been made that should make
life with m0n0wall a bit easier:
- The net45xx, net48xx and wrap images have been consolidated into a
single "embedded" image for all Soekris/PC Engines boards. To upgrade
via the webGUI, simply rename the embedded image to match your
platform (this only needs to be done once).
- There is now an official m0n0wall VM for VMware available; I hope I
got the config right, if not, please let me know.
- The CD-ROM version now has an "install to HD" feature (borrowed from
- Source port randomization for NAT is now included, and I've applied
a fix that should solve problems with inbound NAT mappings of large
port ranges. Please test carefully if you have a complicated NAT setup.
- The "embedded" image now uses the BIOS's serial speed setting.
Detailed change log and downloads: