[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mohammed" <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall PPPoE
 Date:  Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:18:22 +0300
>Another solution might be, if you would set your modem/router in bridge
mode and let mono does the PPPoe

>In m0n0wall, go to "interfaces"--> "WAN"

>Add the bottom, un-check :

>*Block private networks*

>When set, this option blocks traffic from IP addresses that are reserved
for private networks as per RFC 1918 (10/8, 172.16/12, 192.168/16) as well
as loopback >addresses (127/8).

>You should generally leave this option turned on, unless your WAN network
lies in such a private address space, too.

It worked smoothly

I can have access to the modem as long as I have cable plugged into eth port

I never knew what bridge option used for before this :-)

Now I have easy connectivity from the outside.

But I still have to do allot to have project Observer to work

Then how about people developing system like m0n0wall

Thanks allot for the big effort.

In the interface status:

WAN interface Status up PPPoE up

MAC address 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

IP address 196.xxx.xxx.xxx

Subnet mask 255.255.255.255

Gateway 163.xxx.xxx.xxx

ISP DNS servers

163.xxx.xxx.xxx
163.xxx.xxx.xxx
Media 100baseTX <full-duplex>

In/out packets 4550871/3569993 (738.87 MB/564.80 MB)

In/out errors 0/1 Collisions 0

Mohammed