[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lonnie Abelbeck <lists at lonnie dot abelbeck dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b14 released
 Date:  Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:38:48 -0500
On Aug 24, 2008, at 2:59 AM, Manuel Kasper wrote:

> On 24.08.2008, at 01:04, Lonnie Abelbeck wrote:
>
>> Your "Choose your platform" Soekris Engineering net55xx points to
>> the 'embedded' version.
>>
>> I have been using generic-pc in the past.
>>
>> Should I rename the embedded-1.3b14.img to generic-pc-1.3b14.img
>> before upgrading my current net5501?
>
> Yes. To be honest - I haven't actually tried the embedded image on a
> net5501 (just on all other Soekris and PC Engines boards), as I
> don't have one, so you may not want to do this on an important box
> in a remote place. :)
>
> If somebody has already done it, it would be nice to get
> confirmation that the embedded image actually works fine on a
> net5501 (I don't see any reason why it shouldn't, though).

Manuel,

I gave it try, and the embedded image seems to support the net5501,
the Platform: information under Status is correct.

But dummy me, I have an Intel PRO 1000 GT installed in the net5501,
and the embedded image does not appear to include the em drivers.

No problem I thought, I did the reverse trick, downloaded the generic-
pc image, renamed it embedded-1.3b14.img, but now the new embedded
firmware does not accept the disguised firmware, saying the firmware
is not for the embedded platform.

Do I have any other option than re-flashing the CF with the generic-pc
version?

Lonnie