[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Lonnie Abelbeck <lists at lonnie dot abelbeck dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b14 released
 Date:  Mon, 25 Aug 2008 07:46:02 +0200
On 25.08.2008, at 02:38, Lonnie Abelbeck wrote:

> But dummy me, I have an Intel PRO 1000 GT installed in the net5501,
> and the embedded image does not appear to include the em drivers.

Correct - the point of the embedded image is to leave out support for
most of the PC hardware made in the last two decades and only include
what's needed for Soekris/PC Engines. So you'll have to keep using the
generic-pc image in this case.

> No problem I thought, I did the reverse trick, downloaded the
> generic-pc image, renamed it embedded-1.3b14.img, but now the new
> embedded firmware does not accept the disguised firmware, saying the
> firmware is not for the embedded platform.

That's odd. If you're absolutely sure you've renamed the file
correctly, then yes, the only thing you can do is reflash the CF,
because renaming to embedded-1.3b14.img should definitely work.

- Manuel