[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Pedro Almeida <palmeida at securenetworks dot pt>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b14 released
 Date:  Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:52:12 +0100
Chris Buechler wrote:
>> Before I go further, I want to thank you Manuel, for your
>> extraordinary work!
>>
>> After the 1.3b14 update I noticed an issue...
>> A ssh session without "traffic", transversing the firewall,
>> just freezes after a while.
>> Is there anyone seeing the same?
>>

> You need keep alive in your client or the state will be closed for
> inactive sessions. That's always been the case, as it is with any
> stateful firewall.

Well, TCPKeepAlive=yes is the default either for ssh client as sshd,
at least for the Operating Systems I use, so I think this should not\
be the problem.

As I said, I only noticed it after upgrade, and I have been using it
for the last few years without any problems.

I'll make a new and fresh instalation and see what happens.

Thanks,

Pedro