[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] unable to boot from 1GB cf card on del gx260
 Date:  Wed, 27 Aug 2008 00:56:29 +0200
When the CF card is in your Dell machine, did you already try to install
Windows XP (or Linux) on it (not entirely, but just to see if the OS
recognizes the space).
I already tried to install monowall in an USB card reader, which also
worked fine (the bios had support for booting USB drives).

You also might try the second IDE controller... as already mentioned,
don't know the setup of a Dell - but I already came accross a system
sharing the SATA/PATA config (MSI motherboard) that the first IDE
controller would't boot because it was scanning for SATA devices at the
same time...