[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at QuarkIT dot com dot au>
 To:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] 1.234 bug reports, please
 Date:  Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:01:15 +1000

CF
> that is actually 15.4MB)
>
> 			Lee

Hi Lee,

Actually, a 16 MB file is 16,000,000 bytes in size whilst a 16 MiB file
is 16,777,216 bytes in size.  So when a Flash card manufacturer sells a
16 MB card, it won't fit a 16 MiB file on it as there's not enough room.
Just like HDD manufacturers, Flash card manufacturers are using the
nomenclature correctly whereas others (like, say, Manuel) are not.  ;)

--

http://blog.hiltontravis.com/

Regards,

Hilton Travis                       Phone: +61 (0)7 3105 9101
(Brisbane, Australia)               Phone: +61 (0)419 792 394
Manager, Quark IT                   http://www.quarkit.com.au
         Quark Group                http://www.quarkgroup.com.au

     Microsoft SBSC PAL (Australia) http://www.sbscpal.com/

                    Quark Group Pty. Ltd.
      T/A Quark Automation, Quark AudioVisual, Quark IT