[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Pedro Almeida <palmeida at securenetworks dot pt>
 To:  Quark IT - Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkIT dot com dot au>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b14 released
 Date:  Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:46:51 +0100
Quark IT - Hilton Travis wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> That's interesting - I use PuTTY regularly and at times (using m0n0wall
> 1.3b13) I've had a session sitting idle for a week or so without it
> closing and with the PuTTY keepalive setting at "0" (aka disabled).

Probably the servers where you connect, have the TCPKeepAlive enabled,
and "do" the  work for you.

Did you already upgraded to 1.3b14?

If so, do your connections still idle for more than, lets say, an
hour without freezing?

I had no luck with a new fresh instalation and I'll try a downgrade
as soon as I can to make sure if the problem goes away or not.

Pedro