[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Danny Puckett" <dpuckett at comresource dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Poor man's layer 3 switch.
 Date:  Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:59:59 -0400
I know m0n0wall makes a pretty good cheap layer 3 switch by turning off
NAT and just using VLAN's and routing but is there any other opensource
projects that are specific to this purpose? I did some googleing and did
not find anything that matched what I was looking for. I was hoping some
of you guys who are in the know better than I may have some suggestions.
Basically we are looking for a low cost No-NAT 3-4 port Ethernet router
for setting up VLANs for IP-Phones that would not require bouncing off
the edge router for routing. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks.