[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ryan Mullins <rmullins at ciscomonkey dot net>
 To:  Danny Puckett <dpuckett at comresource dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Poor man's layer 3 switch.
 Date:  Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:21:57 -0500
Linksys actually has some managed switches now that do vlans and also
have af POE.

You can find them for anywhere from 180 - 350.  The one sitting here
at my desk in the lab is the SRW208MP.

If you want to stay open source, there's a few options that I know of
off the top of my head:
xorp.org - runs on *nix - been meaning to play with this one as it
does bgp and ospf.
freesco is a basic router/firewall.
Linux router project
Open Linux Router - is this the same as LRP now?
openrouter
Vyatta - is that spelled right? This one is probably more than you're
looking for.

Somewhere I remember seeing a m0n0router project, but can't go looking
right now.

-Ryan